Friday, February 8, 2013

PANNIERS…..and stuff!

115620053-540x540-0-0_louis garneau louis garneau alpha f 30 front panni

 

My first set of panniers came in the other day.  I went with Louis Garneau Beta 42s. I was looking at using these for the rear and purchasing the Louis Garneau F-30s for the front. BTW, the number indicate the liter capacity. I bought 2 rear panniers for $135. The front ones were going to have to wait until next month when I would pay $111. Well that was the plan at least.

I got home the other night and there it was. A trashed out beat up shaggy excuse for a cardboard box as any I have ever seen. I’ve seen more tape used to hold up a photo on a fridge than what was on this box.  Needless to say, my heart fell instantly from the heights of joy to the depths of less than grand expectations. The box literally fell apart on me as I lifted it to the table.

I saw two plastic bags barely wrapped in “pillow” wrap. I grabbed one and opened it up expecting it to be ripped or torn or at the very least, dirty and scuffed but it wasn’t. Smile I flipped the pannier around and it fell apart. At least I thought it did at first but what fell off was the other pannier. They were attached to each other, back to back.

Wait, what?

I ordered two….I hold up both panniers and look back inside the box to see yet another plastic bag!

FOUR!  I HAVE FOUR PANNIERS!!!

I brought up the website and there it is.  Sure enough it says sold in pairs.  I had completely missed that part.

SU-WEET!!

There’s $111 I just accidentally saved myself!

I ran to the garage to see if the panniers would fit the rack that is on my new Kona Sutra and YES!  perfectly!!  Placed one on the front low-rider and YES! perfectly!  I now have all four panniers for my bike and a few weeks ago, I bought and received the H-8.5 bag from Louis Garneau.

HP5rUY67WkCwDhdUQ8Js0g

Now I’m really committed to touring!!  No more excuses especially since my in-laws bought me my Coleman Sabine sleeping bag that I wanted for touring

85347

and my wife bought me the Jetboil Flash to use as a stove!

jetboil-flash-green-600x600

 

Totally stoked!!

 

Now, where should I go?

No comments:

Post a Comment